Our highly qualified health professional Physiotherapists take an individualised approach to understand what is causing the issues (assess), taking the time to uncover the cause (diagnosis), and a focused treatment plan (treat) to help you reach your goals.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy, or physio, is a clinical health science and profession aimed at assisting in the restoration, maintenance, and mobility for the patient’s well being that may have been impacted by illness, injury, or disability. It can also be used to assist in acute and chronic pain and for the reduction of stress.
What can Physio treat?
Sports Medicine Clinic has the facilities and our clinicians armed with professional training to assist you in becoming healthier and improve your pain levels so you can lead a more productive and enjoyable life.
Physio may assist you with treating these kinds of ailments:
- Sporting injuries
- Elbow pain
- Improve joint flexibility
- ACL issues
- Increasing range of movement and function
- Chronic back pain
- Surgery, or post-operative, rehabilitation
- Sharp knee pain
- Work injuries
- Upper back pain
- Women’s health (incontinence, bladder dysfunction, prolapse and pre + postnatal treatment)
- And many other causes of chronic pain
Physiotherapy practices in your treatment include:
Physio could assist you through movement, manual therapy, exercise, and advice. Each patient gains a unique treatment plan that may consist of:
- Physical rehabilitation
- Range of Motion (ROM) Exercises
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Injury prevention
- Manual therapy techniques
- Active or passive body movement
- Strength for Rehabilitation
- Kinesio Taping
Types of Physio practices include:
- Geriatric Physical Therapy
- Sports Physical Therapy
- Women’s health physiotherapy
- Orthopedic Physiotherapy
- Pediatric Physical Therapy
Other services Sports Medicine Clinic offers include:
- Osteopathy with Dr. Sami Karam, Senior Osteopath or Dr. Robert Korac
- Chiropractic with Dr. Fadi Habanbou, Chiropractor
- Massage Therapy with Daniel Salameh, Remedial Therapist and Kerrie Watsford, Remedial Therapist
- You may also be interested in Physiotherapy, Cupping Therapy or Dry Needling
Unsure what service might help you? Find out the difference between Chiro Vs Osteo Vs Physio.
If you want to have a chat about your condition, call us today on: