Accredited Practising Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist
Katherine Baqleh is an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist that specialises in medical nutrition therapy for weight management and a range of chronic diseases.
Katherine has an extensive background in chronic disease management, including weight management (underweight or overweight), cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, hypertension, and also holds a strong interest in:
- the psychology of eating and weight loss, and application of the HAES paradigm
- disordered eating,
- inflammatory diseases,
- bowel and digestive health (gastrointestinal),
- vitamin and mineral deficiencies,
- food allergies and intolerances,
- health and wellbeing specifically for children, adolescence and pregnant women,
- PCOS, and
- Malnutrition and poor growth
Katherine is an approachable, motivating and engaging public speaker and regularly conducts health presentations and wellness workshops and programs with schools, corporate and community centres and organisations, and is actively involved in nutrition writing and providing expert comment for numerous media platforms. Katherine is also involved in consultancy work, performing activities such as menu review and analysis in organisations such as childcare centres, major supermarkets and nursing homes. Truly passionate about improving the health of the community, she is a highly respected active volunteer dietitian, working with community organisations including the Cancer Council NSW and the Australian Diabetes Council.
She strongly believes in empowering individuals with the skills and knowledge required for sustainable lifestyle changes.
Katherine completed her Masters Research Project on Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus at The Boden Institute of Obesity, Nutrition, Exercise & Eating Disorders (now known as the Charles Perkins Centre). Published journal article in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
Katherine has a strong commitment to keep up-to-date with the advances in evidence-based nutrition, and is heavily involved in ongoing professional development.
Education and Registrations
- Master of Nutrition & Dietetics (University of Sydney)
- Bachelor of Medical Science (The University of New South Wales)
- Member of the Dietitians Association of Australia (Accredited Practising Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist)